04 June 2007

Voting reform, good and bad

My co-hosting appearance on Michael Badnarik's "Lighting the Fires of Liberty" this morning went very well, though there were many interesting and important topics we didn't have time to get to.  I described why Instant Runoff Voting, a popular reform, isn't so great and why Approval Voting is a much better reform for single-winner elections.  One example I used to show how IRV can fail in practice was Badnarik's own LP nomination for president in 2004; if he had received just a handful fewer votes in one round, he would have been eliminated even though a majority preferred him to either of the other two major contenders.  He would almost certainly have won easily under Approval.

This morning's show has been archived at wtprn.com.  I'd love to hear what you think.  I was surprised how quickly two hours flew by!  I hope he invites me back on sometime.

More importantly, Ron Paul will be a guest on The Daily Show tonight.  He'll also be back in the third Republican presidential debate tomorrow night on CNN.  I wish I had cable just for times like this.

1 Comments:

At 12 June, 2007 13:31, Blogger Robert S. Price Jr. said...

I didn't see it, but I trust yer brother. It probably rocked

 

Post a Comment

<< Home