25 November 2006

12-7

As is usual for me around this time of year, I'm in a lazy holiday mood.  All I want to do is go home to Texas and relax for a few weeks with family; I'm finding it very hard to enjoy all the work I have to do before I leave.  But today I stopped working long enough to watch what is for me easily the most important football game of the year: Texas A&M against texas.  Nobody picked us to win, but the Wrecking Crew defense made some big plays and the option offense did just enough on two long drives to punch it in twice.  Statistically, it was pretty even:  They had only 70 yards rushing; we had 244 (against the top rushing defense in the country).  We had only 58 yards passing; they had 160.  They threw a few interceptions; we were penalized almost 100 yards and lost a key fumble that led to a touchdown.  The difference was conversions on third and fourth downs: we were 10 for 16 and they were 2 for 10, with a huge fourth-down stop inside our 10-yard line.  It's the first time the Aggies have beaten t.u. since I left A&M with a Master's degree seven years ago and the first time we've won in Austin since I was a fish.  It's a sweet win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home