03 December 2006

Dutch psephology

I lost power a few days ago during the recent ice storm in St. Louis and still haven't got it back, so it's a good time to leave town.  I'm flying to Amsterdam tomorrow to attend the 1st International Workshop on Computational Social Choice.  I'll be presenting an original paper on computational aspects of a specific multiwinner voting system.  It's an honor to have a paper accepted to this first conference of its kind; it's a fairly small academic community so I'll be able to meet many of the big names.  "Psephologists" everywhere!  O and my mom are joining me for the trip; we'll have fun exploring the city.

Preparing my presentation has kept me from blogging lately but I'll have more time soon:  A few days after I get back from Amsterdam I leave for Texas to spend the holidays.  It's my favorite time of year.  I can't wait to relax with my family and enjoy some free time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home